Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy!

I have been incredibly busy with work lately (and I LOVE that I can say that now). For example, today I helped my department head clean out the language arts closet, entered in my students' grades and called a whole bunch of parents with kids that are in danger of slipping into "D" territory on account of missing assignments. I have a severe case of phone-phobia and all of the calling I had to do was a source of great anxiety, but I got it done! I'm settling into my job quite nicely. The only downside is that all the work has greatly reduced my knitting time.

This fact has not slowed down my yarn acquisition at all. I keep on ordering yarn despite my complete lack of time to knit with it. In the past week I've ordered three skeins of Classic Elite Lush in Peony for a Saroyan, and a skein of the new Madeline Tosh Prairie in Ginger (because I can't resist trying a new lace yarn, especially from Madeline Tosh). I also received the skein of Dream in Color Smooshy I won in the Yarn Lotto at Eat Sleep Knit. I chose the Plum Paisley colorway and it is GORGEOUS! I think I have a sickness. A sickness that I have no desire to cure. What makes this even more dangerous is that I now have a salary which enables me to buy more yarn than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment