Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Got the Job!!!

The title of this post says it all- I finally got a job!!!!! I had completely given up hope on getting this job after what I felt wasn't a very good interview. The principal said that they would be making a decision last Thursday, so when I didn't hear anything last week I figured that they went with someone else. I was SO surprised to get the job offer today! I won't start until after the holiday break, but I'm officially a 6th grade English teacher now!

This couldn't have come at a better time. I was getting to a very bad place emotionally. I was depressed about not being able to find a job and subbing was turning my brain to mush. I did not expect my life to stagnate this badly after college, and seeing the bright side of things and remaining hopeful was becoming increasingly difficult.

With this job I can see so many more possibilities for me. The world is in color again. We'll have money. We can go places and do things. We can save for the future. We can start planning for a family. My real life is about to begin and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. YAHOO!!! well then I guess you do NOT need your box of cheer-up. so make it an early Christmas Present! catch ya over in the commons!

    ReplyDelete