Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Ribs and Ridges

I mentioned in my last post that I was thinking of making another Ribs and Ridges hat for my sister, since I liked my own so much. I remembered that I had the PERFECT colorway for her in my stash last week, so I just went for it. Luckily, this fit the requirements for my last class in the House Cup. I got to double dip - House Cup goodness with a Christmas present.



Pattern: Ribs and Ridges Hat by Pren Wilcox
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Citrus
Mods: I'm pretty sure at this point that the pattern does have errors, so I had to modify it a little bit. You can read the changes I made here.



I'm happier with this hat than I am with my last one, since this one is mathematically correct. Not having to fudge stitches is a great feeling. Now I'm kind of sad that my original Ribs and Ridges is messed up. It's not messed up in a way that anyone can see, mind you. Only I know it's messed up. It's bugging me anyway.



These colors are so happy. It kind of looks like a candy corn puked, but I like them. They represent my sister's personality perfectly. She's loud and cheerful, all oranges and sunshine. I hope she likes this.

Right now I'm freaking out a little because I have a TEACHING INTERVIEW tomorrow (yes, that event really does warrant all caps)! I'm practicing potential answers I'll give tomorrow and preparing myself the best I can, but my stomach is in knots.

This job isn't exactly ideal. It's further away from home than I'd like. I'll have to bum rides off of someone every day since I don't drive. I can make it work though. God, I'd do anything for a real job. It would be so nice to have some extra money, especially around the holidays. Not having to sub any more would be divine.

But now I'm working myself up. It's just an interview, it's just an interview . . .

1 comment: