Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Luna's Traveling Bag

My illness is almost gone. The only symptom I have left is a terrible nagging cough that hurts my chest. I was able to go into work yesterday. Of course, I forgot to bring my cough drops and had a major coughing fit before first period was even halfway over, but I made it through the day. I was actually subbing for my FIL, and I know where he keeps his supply of reward Blow Pops. Those worked pretty well as substitute cough drops, so I was okay for the rest of the day.

I have a project to post as well! I was going to save this post for after this object arrived at its destination, but the end of the month is coming up quickly and don't want to wait too long. I'm worried about the status of the swap package this project is a part of. It should be at its destination by now. I hope nothing bad happened to it, because it cost an arm and a leg to mail. Seriously. An arm and a leg. That would be just my luck - for it to have completely disappeared along the way somewhere.



Pattern: Ilene Bag by Hannah Ingalls
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Gray and Light Blue
Mods: I added 5 extra reps of the mesh pattern into the body of the bag, for length. Because I altered this, I had to alter the handle set-up row as well, knitting 22 stitches at the beginning instead of 10.



This is the first market bag I have made and I'm pretty darn happy with it. It's a decent size, it stretches out nicely without looking like it's about the break apart, and it was all done in one piece. I love projects with no seaming!



This was very easy to make. The only tough part was picking up the stitches around the bottom of the bag. I had to be careful to space them out perfectly, so the bottom of the bag looked even and not all bunchy. I'm getting a lot better at picking up stitches though - I don't really get nervous when I see a pattern that requires it anymore. I'm pretty sure that this is my first project requiring me to pick up such a large number of stitches. It came out well!



Those are Ravenclaw pins embellishing the bag. This package went out to a Ravenclaw, hence the name "Luna's Traveling Bag." The theme of the swap was the Hogwarts Express, and I could picture Luna carrying a bag like this on board, packed full of stuff to do. I hope that swap package is okay! I will be seriously bummed if this package is lost.

I have another project to post later on. I have to take pictures of it first. Perhaps I'll get to it later today. This illness has put me behind in everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment