Monday, September 21, 2009

Three Things

Three things today.

1. I actually finished my Damson in time for the big dinner! I may have been dueling with Father Time until 2:00 AM the morning of, but I eventually prevailed! Fancy pretty pictures are coming soon. Let me just say now that it is lovely and it is quite possibly my favorite project to date. The dinner itself was improved immeasurably by the presence of my shawl. To me anyway.

2. I worked a high school computer class job today. It was quite possibly the most boring day of my life, but that's a good thing in my profession. The kids were mostly quiet and mostly doing what they were supposed to do (rare!). This was a day I actually could have sat and blissfully knitted almost the entire time, but of course, the project I brought decided to have issues. Actually, it was the yarn that had the issues. I was trying to finished off two half-balls of Malabrigo Worsted on a scarf for my grandma, but as I worked further into the yarn I was finding a lot of inconsistencies with the weight. I would run into a chunk that was equal to super bulky yarn in thickness, then it would taper way down into a strand as thin as laceweight. This kept happening over and over and it was making the scarf look like complete crap. The laceweight sections were holey and the super bulky areas looked sloppy. The yarn wasn't returning to worsted weight thickness either. It was averaging around dk or sport after the ridiculous thick/thin sections. I ripped out the few inches I had done and didn't have the heart to start over. I'm mad at Malagbrigo right now and I think I need to throw the two half-balls of yarn I have left straight into the trash (even after considering the fact the the other ball of it I was going to use probably doesn't have these issues). I'm just sick of looking at it.

3. I have a finished project to post! This is my DADA assignment for this month. The assignment was all about what we did on our summer break. Well, I moved over the break and bought all new Ikea funiture. I decided to crochet some coasters to prevent water rings.


Pattern: No pattern. This is a basic granny square I found in the tutorial for how to make a granny square in Stitch 'n Bitch: The Happy Hooker.
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Ecru



As plain as these little guys are, I love them. I made a set of six, which is more than enough for my husband and me to share around the house. They are simple and clean, which matches the rest of our furniture perfectly. Proper furniture care FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment