Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Completed OWL

After three months of very hard work I finally finished my Charms OWL. The shawl came out very nicely and I'm happy to report that the various mistakes I made throughout the piece essentially disappeared with blocking.



Pattern: Queen Anne's Lace by MMario
Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Shocking Pink
Mods: I used size 4 needles to get a smaller FO

I love how bright and vibrant the Shocking Pink is. It really makes the shawl something special. Despite my frustrations and little boo boos I make knitting it, I'm pleased with the final product.

It is still my dream to knit a completely mistake-free shawl one of these days!

I just love lace. Really. I do. It's far and away my favorite type of knitting.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out beautiful! I love the color, so pretty and i can only imagine how soft it is... mmm malibrigo!

    naturallyknitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is really soft. I just love Malabrigo.

    ReplyDelete