Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Luna's Earrings

Wow, two posts in one night! It's a new record!

I actually finished my Astronomy project a few days ago, but I'm just getting around to posting about it now. For this assignment, I was supposed to make something that sparkled like the night sky. I chose to make these cute earrings that I saw in the new issue of Interweave Crochet out of some sparkly silver crochet thread I had laying around.




Pattern: Island Earrings and Necklace by Robin Chachula
Yarn: Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread in Silver (Size 10)
Mods: None

These earrings were a little bit tricky to make. The thread I was using had this silvery tinsel-like thread running through it. This made the thread wonderfully sparkly, but very tough to crochet with!



I'm mostly pleased with how they came out. They aren't 100% identical (which is completely my fault), and that bothers me. Darn my inner-perfectionist! I don't know If I have the guts to wear these out. They're so big!

In other news, I got my Reducio Swap package yesterday! My partner sent me a ton of lovely things, including a Slytherin mini-sock and a really fun crochet cupcake pincushion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really love everything I got. I can't wait until my partner gets my kit in the mail. I just sent if off yesterday, so it will be a few days yet. Until then I will knit and wait in anticipation to see if she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment