Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quidditch Mitts

Well, the weather is definitely not cooperating with my plan to take pictures of my Herbology hat and DADA scarf. It is raining cats and dogs outside! All I have to post today are the mitts I made for Quidditch.

Photobucket

Pattern: I heavily modified the Merletto Mitts pattern. I basically took the numbers for casting on stitches and the instructions for making the thumbs. I eliminated the lace pattern and did 4 round wide stripes of gray and green.
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Sock yarn in Pine and Ash

Photobucket

These mitts were a pain in the butt to make, but not for any big specific reason. They were just boring with all the stockinette. I persevered though and I got them done. I'm proud of the job I did on them because they look really nice in person. They are neat and well made. I can see myself using them a lot once winter rolls around.

The only other thing I have to talk about is my OWL progress. I am on row 144 out of 159 total rows, so I am well past the required 25%. It's hard to take a good picture of this since it's all bunched up on my circular needles, but it is looking really pretty so far. I can't wait to see it all stretched out!

Photobucket

There is one big mistake in it that's killing me inside. It happened sometime in the beginning rows and I didn't notice it until it was WAY too late to tink back and fix it. I'm hoping that I can make it less noticeable in the blocking. In any case, I know that the untrained eye won't notice it, but I will. It will bug me forever. I'm trying to learn to embrace it as part of what makes the shawl unique. It's not working so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment