Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Illusion Knitting: Like Magic!

I'm back with another project from the pile of never-ending FOs on my desk. There's only two things left after this one. Getting closer!

This time I have a washcloth for my Charms assignment. The idea was to make an item using illusion knitting. I had never tried this technique before, so I decided to start with something small. This happy little washcloth seemed to fit the bill. Posted below are the head on and then the angle shot that reveals the knitted image.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pattern: Fleur De Lis Illusion Dishcloth by Tricia Shafer
Yarn: Sugar and Cream cotton in Cornflower and White
Mods: None

Pretty nifty, huh? My husband actually liked this so much that he claimed it for his own shortly after I made it. Now that's a real compliment!

Illusion knitting isn't difficult, and it really spices up simple garter stitch patterns. This was fun and easy to knit.

The colors and fleur de lis remind me of the design scheme of Cinderella's castle at Disney World. That idea makes me feel more royal already. I may need to make another one of these for myself!

So it was my birthday yesterday. I got a lot of nice gifts this year (including a ball winder and swift!), but the best part of it all was going out to dinner with my husband and getting away from the house. I had a great time. Of course, I completely blew my diet, but we're both back on the horse now. Life wouldn't be any fun if we couldn't indulge in tasty Chinese food every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment