Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Cheery Coaster

In my (seemingly) never-ending quest to clear the pile of FOs off my desk, I bring you my project for Divination: a cheery little flower coaster for my favorite tea cup.

Photobucket

Pattern: Springtime Coasters by Doni Speigle
Yarn: Sugar and Cream Cotton in white and yellow
Mods: None to the actual crochet pattern, but I did add a small bee button around the edge.

Photobucket

The assignment was to either create something that related to tea or make something that represents an omen (good or bad). With this assignment, I did both. The coaster by itself is for my favorite tea mug, so it fits the first assignment. Bees are a good omen to me (as that's what my patronus is), so it fits the second assignment too.

Photobucket

I actually had to make this coaster twice, as the first time I completely screwed it up and ended up with one too many petals on the flower. This was completely my fault. I miscounted the stitches somehow the first time around. The pattern was correct and well written.

Photobucket

I think the finished product is adorable. I would love to make a set of these in all different colors to give as a gift to someone. They would look adorable as part of a picnic gift set or something. Too bad I don't know anyone that would appreciate such a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment