Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break!

So now I am officially on Spring Break and I am loving it! More time for knitting and lounging and reading and anything else I wanna do. Of course, every moment is tinged with the knowledge that my husband lost his position last week, but we are coping. If we dwelled on this all the time we would both go mad.

I've stayed true to my promise and learned how to play Magic with my DH. It's actually not bad, even though he whoops my butt more often than not. He's also kept true to his promise and taken a knitting lesson from me. Here's his first little garter stitch square -

Photobucket

It has uneven tension and it's riddled with accidents, but it's awesome for someone just starting out! He's admitted that knitting isn't as bad as he thought it would be, and I'm taking that as a victory. I've even signed him up for a Ravelry account, so he can post all of his projects.

I'm still working on my shawl, and it's coming along well. I'm off now to continue. Hopefully next time I post I'll have some progress pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment