Monday, January 26, 2009

Many Things

I have many things to blog about today, as I have been too busy to sit down and make entries as events occur. Bear with me.

1. The situation with Perv Boy has been handled. The next day at work, I spoke with the school's SRO about what happened. I explained the incident and told him that I didn't have the first clue about who the kid was. Luckily for me, this particular school has security cameras placed in all the hallways. The SRO took me down to his office and we watched a crystal clear tape of Pervy entering and exiting my room at the times I stated. In a stroke of pure awesome, the officer recognized the student right away. Even better - it was the big football star of the school.

I know this is small of me, but I LOVE it when jocks get what's coming to them.

Anyway, I wrote a referral for the kid citing sexual harassment and they hauled him down to the principal's office. He was suspended for three days. I think the punishment was too light, but at least he got something.

Here's the best part of the whole thing: When asked what he was thinking, the kid replied, "I was just trying to welcome her to the school." (!!!!) Now that's one welcoming committee I can live without, thank you very much! I am incredible happy that was the best excuse he could come up with, because it makes him sound like even more of a jackass than he already is.

I found out later that his mother is appealing the referral, because a sexual harassment complaint could ruin his scholarship (because of course this fool has college paid for based on his ability to throw a ball). Unfortunately, I probably won't ever know the outcome of the whole thing, but I hope this loser crashes and burns big time. Probably not, since he's a jock, but I can dream, can't I?

2. My resolution to help my husband lose weight is going really well. We've been running more or less regularly and eating much better. We've put a moratorium on restaurants until Valentines Day, so we've been cooking healthy more and eating greasy fried food less. He's lost 10 pounds already. I don't have much to lose, but I feel better and I look pretty good if I do say so myself. :)

3. My January book, Son of a Witch isn't going so well. I'm very close to being done and I'm just not impressed. I am going to post a review when I finish. I also added a sidebar to the blog for a list of my reading by month.

4. My Charms OWL continues to go well. So well in fact, that I decided to take on a second OWL, in Potions. This one requires me to complete a granny square afghan. My mom has been bugging me for one lately, so I figured now was as good a time as any to start preparing for her birthday in May. I've got three squares done so far and I'm LOVING the color combo I chose.

Photobucket

I'm making it out of Caron Simply Soft, to keep the cost down. Hopefully I will be able to take this project out on jobs with me, to finish it faster.

5. It's almost February already! I can't believe that I'll have another whole round of HPKCHC projects to work on soon. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment